Asynchronous Programming for Scala and Scala.js.
Monix is a high-performance Scala / Scala.js library for composing asynchronous and event-based programs, exposing high-level types, such as observable sequences that are exposed as asynchronous streams, expanding on the observer pattern, strongly inspired by ReactiveX and by Scalaz, but designed from the ground up for back-pressure and made to cleanly interact with Scala’s standard library, compatible out-of-the-box with the Reactive Streams protocol.
- exposes the kick-ass
- modular, only use what you need
- the base library has no third-party dependencies
- strives to be idiomatic Scala and encourages referential transparency, but is built to be faster than alternatives
- accepted in the Typelevel incubator
- designed for true asynchronicity, running on both the JVM and Scala.js
- really good test coverage and API documentation as a project policy
Download and Usage
The packages are published on Maven Central.
For the old 1.x release (use the
%%% for Scala.js):
libraryDependencies += "org.monifu" %% "monifu" % "1.2"
For the 2.x release (use the
%%% for Scala.js):
libraryDependencies += "io.monix" %% "monix" % "2.2.2"
Monix 2.0 is modular by design, so you can pick and choose:
- monix-execution: the low-level execution environment, or more precisely
- monix-eval: for controlling evaluation by means of
- monix-reactive: async
- monix: provides all of the above
- monix-cats: exposes Typelevel Cats type-class instances, see the intro
- monix-scalaz-72: exposes Scalaz type-class instances, see the intro
Head over to Usage in SBT and Maven for more details.
- Monix: Version 2.2.2 Released
- Monix: Version 2.2.1 Final Release
- Monix: Version 2.1.2
- Monix: Version 2.1.x
- Monix: Version 2.0.6 Maintenance Release
YourKit supports the Monix project with its full-featured Java Profiler. YourKit, LLC is the creator YourKit Java Profiler and YourKit .NET Profiler, innovative and intelligent tools for profiling Java and .NET applications.
Development of Monix has been initiated by Eloquentix engineers, with Monix being introduced at E.ON Connecting Energies, powering the next generation energy grid solutions.